THE IVANOVO MONASTERY
Ivanovo Rock Monastery was established in the twenties of 13th century by the monk Yakim who together with his students has built the first rock church at that place.
THE KILIFAREVO MONASTERY
The emergence of the Kilifarevo Monastery is closely connected with the name of Theodossius of Turnovo, an acknowledged Bulgarian Hesychast and man of letters. He settled in these parts towards 1348, a few years after the death of the famous Hesychast Gregory Sinait, whose monastery in Southern Strandzha he had inhabited before.
THE TRANSFIGURATION MONASTERY
The Transfiguration Monastery is the biggest monastery of those located in the Veliko Turnovo region and the fourth in Bulgaria.
THE CHURCH OF SS. ARCHANGELS MICHAEL AND GABRIEL
The church is one of the most beautiful churches, built in the village of Arbanasi in XVII-XVIII c.
THE CHURCH OF ST. GEORGE IN VELIKO TARNOVO
The church was situated at the foot of the south slope of the hill of Trapezitsa, on the right bank of the river of Yantra. It is a little church, with a nave, one apse, with a little narthex and a semi-cylindrical vault.
THE CHURCH OF ST. DEMETRIUS IN VELIKO TARNOVO
The first scanty information about the church of St.Demetrious we can obtain from the works of the Byzantine chroniclers Niketas Choniates and Theodor Skutariotes .
CHURCH OF THE NATIVITY IN ARBANASI
This is the earliest and the most richly decorated church in the village of Arbanasi. It was built by stages. The oldest layer of wall-paintings is from the end of XVI c. It consists of a naos, a narthex, a gallery and a chapel dedicated to St. John the Baptist.
THE CHURCH OF SS. PETER AND PAUL AND CHURCH OF ST. IVAN RILSKI
The church was built during the reign of tsar Kaloyan. In 1204 he signed a union with the Roman pope Innocent III. According to it the Bulgarian church ran-under the supremacy of Vatican.